Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mexico Weather...

I'm not sure about most of you, but I was clueless as to how the weather was going to be here in Mexico City. I assumed...hot. And actually, when I first got here and it was rather cool, I was suprised. I kept saying to myself "this summer is going to be awful" - I am very hot natured (normally) and was a bit dreading to see how hot it was going to get.

Well, "summer" has now come and gone and I was only able to sweat on a few days. Odd isn't it? Well, as I have said before, we live in a mountainous area. Actually Mexico City is about 3000 m above sea level and where we live on the outskirts of Mexico city, it is actually about 5000 m above sea level. So, I experienced May...and it was the hottest month..however I was not aware of it. You know in SC we have warm weather for a longer time and it is MUCH hotter there than here.

Actually over the last 4 -5 days, it has been sooo cold that I haven't warmed up at all on any of those days. I was beginning to wish we had planned our trip home for Christmas a little earlier. We have a small heater that mom brought to us..and it helps a little...but its so cold! It's a different cold here. It's a dry cold....and that cold gets into the bones!


But wow, how wonderful is our Lord! On Saturday, He gave us such a beautiful blue sky with only a few scattered clouds. It was absolutely gorgeous! And I am sooo thankful now, for the tall walls and tall houses that are close to our house. It allows me....on a day like this....for about 2-3 hours sit in just the right spot on our grass or in the hammock and soak up some sun to warm my bones! It's as if I am at Myrtle Beach in May....how delicious is that!


So, yes, yesterday I enjoyed the sun for about 2 hours in my shorts and tank top and we took a nap. As the sun is moving....you know when its time to go in and put more clothes on. I was so thankful to the Lord for that yesterday....and last night around 6 pm...it was like 40 degrees and freezing with the winds blowing off the mountains.


Anyone care to visit us??

No comments: