Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving is coming!

You know, when you do something every year at the same time for all of your life...it's odd when you go to live in another country and others don't know or care anything about that tradition. As is Thanksgiving for me here in Mexico....no one cares about that....and maybe most don't know.

So, as this Thanksgiving week is coming and we are here in Mexico, I have been planning already. We have plans to buy a big hen (since the turkeys cost WAY too much!) and I will be preparing a Thanksgiving meal for us this week. We decided to invite some friends of ours from our church since we have no family close by. It will give us a chance to host our spiritual family for a holiday that I observe in the States. We are thankful already to have some friends in which we share a common bond - Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior!

You can say a prayer for me now for several reasons....this is my first time to ever try and cook this meal. I am searching hard to find the right seasonings and food to make it a similar Thanksgiving meal. And now we have invited people, so there is extra pressure to get it right!
But the Lord will help me and my husband too...

As this Thanksgiving week begins, truly take a moment to reflect on all the things you are thankful for. And know, that..."Every good and perfect gift comes from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." - James 1:17
And as you have your meal together with family and friends this week...take time to share with others what you are thankful for.

We will be posting later...our thanks to the Lord for all He has done!

No comments: