Friday, May 29, 2009

Just a little slack lately....

ok, so...once again the months are passing by and I haven't done anything. We have been pretty preoccupied by things. Let's see to do a small recap....April - we had the threat of the SWINE FLU in Mexico which closed down the schools for 2 weeks. We, in protecting ourselves and of course our baby, closed our classes also.....and we headed for Veracruz to stay with my mother in law. We were in no threat there as we were in the country of Mexico..small town and not many people. While there, we enjoyed our days by swimming almost daily and I learned some more about cooking like his mom cooks (always important thing to do) - Narcizo did some work around her house, we went walking...and swimming some more. Basically, relaxed. We were thankful for this time with our family and the time to relax before our little baby arrives!

After we returned back to Mexico City, I had many things to do around the house to get things in order for us to leave. I actually left on May 16th for the States and Narcizo will be coming next Friday, June 5th. He is finishing up classes with the students and preparing them for a test they must take on June 6th.

We are soo ready to be together here in the States - you know, when you spend everyday all day together...2-3 weeks apart is a very LONG time!

Baby Alvarez is growing - wow....and moving..it's simply wonderful! Before I left, recorded Narcizo's voice while talking to the baby at night. And each night before I go to sleep I put the recorder there so our baby can still hear his/her Father's voice. There are many times when the baby starts moving a ton while listening to Narcizo's voice. So amazing, the life, the miracle inside.

I am at 32 weeks and after the ultrasound visit today...once again we got a good bill of health from the doctor. Another blessing!
ok..so I need to post some pics...I will do it soon! I promise!
Continue to pray for us and the safety and health of the baby but also pray for Narcizo as he travels next Friday with his mom here to SC.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Susan...??? I came here to try to get an update on your lives, but I can't find anything since the "waiting for baby" stage. I've been thinking of you, and have you on my heart. Had really hoped to see you this summer, but it didn't happen. God bless you and keep you- I'll send a letter to your private email.