Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fresh and New daily....

As you know, I recently got a new kitchen and everyday, I have been putting things in THE right place, cleaning it to a shine, and basically, being very attentive to it. It's new! Don't we all do that with everything new?! And later, when the experience is not so new, how we aren't quite that attentive, maybe its not THAT clean.

Then I thought , how precious is our relationship with Jesus Christ that it should never become just something we have. It must be refreshing daily to us - new and alive! But that comes from our emphasis on Him - not His emphasis on us. He is here daily..but are we going to Him? If we seek to find Him daily - our relationship will be new. I am guilty of this - sometimes I have let my relationship with Jesus become just something I have had for awhile.

What about you? Is your relationship with Jesus fresh and new daily? Or is it just something you have had for awhile and you know its there?
Father, forgive me for the times when I don't treat you as the precious jewel that you are! Help me to keep you first always in my day. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: